Monday, March 12, 2012

Beach Shrimp

The infamous turquoise baking dish makes another appearance.  I love it so!


I made one of my all-time favorite recipes for dinner last night.  I haven't made it since last summer, and was so ready for some of this deliciousness!  I've made this dish off and on for several years now, and yes, I've made it during several beach vacations as well.  It's a crowd-pleaser and the leftovers are good too (which, admittedly, I had for lunch today.)  I add in corn on the cob, halved, and it works wonderfully with the shrimp.  Serve it with some hot French bread to soak up the juices and you're all set.  Be sure to try it out!

Beach Shrimp (adapted, Southern Living)

Ingredients


  • 3 pounds unpeeled, large raw shrimp
  • 3 ears of white or yellow sweet corn, halved
  • 1 (16-oz.) bottle Italian dressing
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper
  • 2 garlic cloves, pressed
  • 2 lemons
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
  • 1/2 cup butter, cut up


  • Preparation

    1. Place first 4 ingredients in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish, tossing to coat. Squeeze juice from lemons over shrimp mixture, and stir. Add lemon and corn halves to pan. Sprinkle evenly with parsley; dot with butter.
    2. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes. Serve in pan.  (*3 lb. frozen peeled, large raw shrimp, thawed according to package directions, may be substituted. Prepare recipe as directed, reducing pepper to 1/2 tsp)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment