Saturday, December 22, 2012

Peach-Mustard Glazed Pork Chops

I've been inspired to try some new recipes this month (you know, being festive and all) and I came across this recipe which was originally published for pork tenderloin.  I thought Justin bought tenderloin at the store, but I pulled it out of the freezer and found pork chops, so I made the recipe exactly the same way as it called for tenderloin and it worked out really well.  As you know by now, I like to post recipes on here that I've "vetted" based on three criteria:  Easy to make (and easy-to-find ingredients), delicious + healthy, and presents well.  This is a dish that would be great to make on Christmas Eve or New Year's if you're looking to make an impressive spread with little effort.

A note about the ingredients.  I didn't have bourbon on hand so I subbed whisky.  Also, I didn't need the chicken broth at the end...my pork chops were saucey enough in the dish when they came out.  But I left that instruction in in case you need it.  Enjoy!



Peach-Mustard Glazed Pork Chops (Adapted, Southern Living)

Ingredients

  • 3-4 pork chops
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 large shallot, minced
  • 1/2 cup peach preserves
  • 1/3 cup bourbon
  • 2 tablespoons country-style Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
  • 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth

Preparation

  1. Preheat oven to 400°. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and black pepper. Cook in hot oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
  2. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat; add shallot, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes until tender. Remove from heat, and stir in peach preserves and next 3 ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, 1 minute or until preserves are melted. Pour over chops.
  3. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 150°. Transfer to a cutting board, reserving drippings in skillet. Cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let stand 10 minutes.
  4. Meanwhile, stir broth into reserved drippings, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Serve with pork chops.

No comments:

Post a Comment