Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing



Last weekend I was having a craving for homemade cinnamon rolls.  I didn't have dry yeast in my pantry, so I was looking for recipes that didn't call for it.  I came across this one at the Gastronomy Blog, and let me tell you, these rolls were amazing!  The recipe calls for buttermilk, but I used sour cream instead, which is an acceptable substitution.  The hubs almost keeled over with sheer happiness when he ate one.  I'm not saying these are the healthiest, but sometimes we like to forget the rules on the weekends.  And I'm sure they're at least better for you than the canned cinnamon buns, which have all kinds of extra preservatives and fat in them.

Rather than copying all of the recipe here, link over to it and check it out:  http://gastronomyblog.com/2009/03/03/cinnamon-rolls-with-cream-cheese-icing/

Snack time for me, because this post just made me hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment